Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt MPA – Conservation Advice 2018
The documents here form JNCC’s formal conservation advice for The Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt MPA and should be read in conjunction with each other. This advice reflects the most up-to-date evidence held by JNCC (correct as of April 2018), and consists of:
- Background Information – explains the purpose of the conservation advice and when it must be referred to.
- Conservation Objectives – sets out the broad ecological aims for the site.
- Supplementary Advice on the Conservation Objectives (SACO) – provides supplementary advice, which is essential reading to support interpretation of the conservation objectives.
- Conservation Advice Statements – these statements provide a summary of the SACO, and cover: Site condition; Conservation benefits; Conservation measures.
- Advice on Operations – provides information on the activities capable of affecting site integrity and therefore achievement of the site’s conservation objectives.
- These documents were produced prior to the launch of JNCC's new website (in July 2019). Whilst every effort has been made to redirect material to the relevant content on the new website, some of the links within these documents may no longer work.
- A revised version of the Conservation Advice Statements document (Version 1.0) was published in December 2020, following a minor amendment to some of the generic text; none of the text relating to the site or its features has changed.
The Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt MPA Site Information Centre is the most up-to-date source of information for this site.
Resource type Publication
Topic category Oceans
Reference date 2018·04·01
JNCC’s formal conservation advice for the Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt MPA
Communications, JNCC author
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2021·01·19
Metadata point of contact