West of Scotland MPA – Relevant Documentation 2020
The documents referred to below and any other historical documents relating to the West of Scotland MPA were produced during the selection and designation process.
- Ecological Overview Document – provides an overview of our ecological understanding of the deep-sea marine reserve; both in terms of the protected features and the geographic area more broadly with regards to its functional significance.
- Data Confidence Assessment – provides an overview of JNCC’s confidence in the data underpinning presence and extent for the protected features of the deep-sea marine reserve.
- Conservation Objectives and Management Advice – provides an overview of the conservation objectives for the protected features of the deep-sea marine reserve and the management measures considered necessary to best achieve those objectives.
- Designation Order – Scottish Ministerial Order underpinning the designation of the deep-sea marine reserve, including MPA boundary co-ordinates and information on protected features and their conservation objectives.
- Post-Consultation Report – Provides an analysis and response to the comments received during the public consultation run by Marine Scotland on the deep-sea marine reserve.
Note: all features of the former Rosemary Bank Seamount MPA are now protected within the West of Scotland MPA, designated on 25 September 2020. The West of Scotland MPA Site Information Centre is the most up-to-date source of information for this MPA, and will reflect any additional information gathered since these documents were produced.
Resource type Publication
Topic category Oceans
Reference date 2020··
Documents produced during the MPA site selection and designation process
Communications, JNCC distributor
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2020·09·28
Metadata point of contact