Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt MPA – Relevant Documentation 2014
Marine Offshore Seabed Survey Protected Areas Seabed Habitats and Geology Seabed Habitats and Geology Seabird Surveys offshore Habitats Habitats Directive Habitats Directive Reporting Marine Habitat Mapping Marine Habitats Habitat Habitats Directive - Annex I OSPAR threatened/declining habitats West Shetland Shelf NCMPA West Shetland Shelf sMPA Wyville Thomson Ridge cSAC/SCI, Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt NCMPA
The documents referred to below, relating to the Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt MPA were produced during the site selection and designation process.
The information available here includes:
- Site Summary Document – Overview of the site and the protected features.
- Data Confidence Assessment – sets out our confidence in the presence and extent of the protected features.
- Assessment against MPA Selection Guidelines – details the application of the five stages of the Scottish MPA Selection Guidelines.
- Management Options Paper – considers the management options for achieving the conservation objectives for each of the protected features in the MPA.
- Designation Order (available on the Scottish Government website) – the Scottish Ministerial Order for the designation, including MPA boundary co-ordinates, and information on Conservation Objectives.
- Business regulatory Impact Assessment (available on the Scottish Government website) – assesses the environmental, social and economic costs and benefits of the designation.
The Faroe-Shetland Sponge Belt MPA Site Information Centre is the most up-to-date source of information for this MPA, and will reflect any additional information gathered since these documents were produced.
Please note, these documents were produced prior to the launch of JNCC's new website. Whilst every effort has been made to redirect material to the relevant content on the new website, some of the links within these documents may no longer work.
Resource type Publication
Topic category Oceans
Reference date 2014·07·01
Documents produced during the MPA site selection and designation process
Communications, JNCC distributor
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2020·01·17
Metadata point of contact