The UK SPA & Ramsar (Avian) Scientific Working Group – Progress Reports (2001–2017) 2017
The SPA Scientific Working Group (SPA SWG) was established by Defra in November 2001 (at the same time as the 2001 UK SPA Network Review was published), to provide scientific advice on matters relating to the UK Special Protection Area network. Matters relating to avian elements of the Ramsar network were added to the Group's remit in January 2004, and the Group's title was changed to the UK SPA & Ramsar (Avian) Scientific Working Group (SPAR SWG).
The SPAR SWG comprises representatives from government, the country nature conservation bodies, and non-government organisations from the conservation, land-use and marine sectors.
Available here are the Group's annual reports and progress reports for the following years (most recent first):
- November 2011 – November 2017 SPAR SWG Progress Report
- January 2010 – October 2011 SPAR SWG Progress Report
- 2008 & 2009 SPAR SWG Progress Report
- 2007 SPAR SWG Annual Report
- 2006 SPAR SWG Annual Report
- 2005 SPAR SWG Annual Report
- 2004 SPAR SWG Annual Report
- 2003 SPA SWG Annual Report
- 2001–2002 SPA SWG Annual Report.
Resource type Publication
Topic category Environment
Reference date 2017··
Annual Reports for the UK SPA & Ramsar (Avian) Scientific Working Group
Communications, JNCC distributor
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2020·02·26
Metadata point of contact