Haig Fras MPA – Conservation Advice 2018
Marine Offshore Seabed Survey Protected Areas Seabed Habitats and Geology Habitats Habitats Directive Habitats Directive Reporting Marine Habitat Mapping Marine Habitats Habitat Habitats Directive - Annex I Haig Fras cSAC/SCI
The documents here form JNCC’s formal conservation advice for the Haig Fras MPA and should be read in conjunction with each other. This advice reflects the most up-to-date evidence held by JNCC (correct as of March 2018), and consists of:
- Background Information – explains the purpose of the conservation advice and when it must be referred to.
- Conservation Objectives – sets out the broad ecological aims for the site.
- Supplementary Advice on the Conservation Objectives (SACO) – provides supplementary advice, which is essential reading to support interpretation of the conservation objectives.
- Conservation Advice Statements – these statements provide a summary of the SACO, and cover: Site condition; Conservation benefits; Conservation measures.
- Advice on Operations – provides information on the activities capable of affecting site integrity and therefore achievement of the site’s conservation objectives.
- These documents were produced prior to the launch of JNCC's new website (in July 2019). Whilst every effort has been made to redirect material to the relevant content on the new website, some of the links within these documents may no longer work.
- The Conservation Advice Statements document (version 1.0) was republished in December 2020, following a minor amendment to some of the generic text; none of the text relating to the site or its features has changed.
The Haig Fras MPA Site Information Centre is the most up-to-date source of information for this site.
Resource type Publication
Topic category Oceans
Reference date 2018·03·01
JNCC’s formal conservation advice for the Haig Fras MPA.
Communications, JNCC author
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2021·01·21
Metadata point of contact