Seas off Foula – Relevant Documentation & Conservation Advice 2020
The documents referred to below relate to the Seas off Foula SPA, and form JNCC’s advice and evidence package. The information available here includes:
- Site Selection Document – a detailed overview of the site, and the rationale for the classification of the site.
- Conservation Objectives and Regulation 18 package – contains the draft Conservation Objectives for the qualifying bird features of the site as well as information about the sensitivity of the features to human activities and their pressures on the environment.
- Advice to Support Management – information about feature sensitivity, vulnerability and risk, and the Conservation Objectives for the classified features of the site.
- Overview of the Scottish marine Special Protection Area selection process – information on how evidence was used to identify potential marine SPAs in Scotland.
- Scottish proposed SPA network assessment – information on why the Scottish proposed SPAs are considered the be the most suitable territories, and the contribution the proposed SPAs make to the Sottish Marine Protected Areas network
Some of these documents were produced during the selection and designation process and therefore may be out of date. The Seas off Foula SPA Site Information Centre is the most up-to-date source of information for this site and will reflect any additional information gathered.
Please note, these documents were produced prior to the launch of JNCC's new website. Whilst every effort has been made to redirect material to the relevant content on the new website, some of the links within these documents may no longer work.
Resource type Publication
Topic category Oceans
Reference date 2020·12·01
Relevant documentation and conservation advice for the Seas off Foula SPA
Communications, JNCC author
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2020·12·03
Metadata point of contact