Tranche 1 Marine Conservation Zone Advice Documents (2012–2013) 2013
The suite of documents listed below was produced as part of JNCC and Natural England's 2012 advice to Defra on recommended Marine Conservation Zones (MCZs) to be designated in 2013. The documents include:
- (1) JNCC and NE advice on recommended MCZs (2012): Full report
- (2) JNCC and NE advice on recommended MCZs (2012): Executive summary
- (3) Approach for the assessment of the regional Marine Conservation Zone project recommendations against the Ecological Network Guidance
- (4) Advice on the certainty in conservation objectives for features in recommended Marine Conservation Zones
- (5) JNCC’s advice on offshore Marine Conservation Zones proposed for designation in 2013: Advice report
The joint advice report (1) and associated executive summary (2) detail the reviewed recommendations and formal advice submitted to Government based upon the scientific evidence behind the recommendations, the quality of the ecological data and the views on the overall regional MCZ project process.
Supplementary advice was given to support MCZ project recommendations that assess the regional MCZ project against the Ecological Network Guidance (3) and advise on the certainty in conservation objectives for features in recommended MCZs (4).
In the offshore advice report (5) JNCC provided a scientific assessment of six offshore proposed Marine Conservation Zones (pMCZs) that were chosen by Defra for possible designation in the Tranche 1 of Marine Conservation Zones (MCZs) in 2013. The six offshore sites focussed on in the report were: East of Haig Fras pMCZ (FS07); North of Celtic Deep pMCZ (ISCZ05); North East of Farnes Deep pMCZ (formerly Rock Unique pMCZ) (NG15); South West Deeps (West) pMCZ (FS02); Swallow Sand pMCZ (NG16) and The Canyons pMCZ (FS01).
Additional background information is available on JNCC's Tranche 1 webpages, available on The National Archives website.
Resource type Publication
Topic category Environment
Reference date 2013··
Documents from the Tranche 1 Marine Conservation Zone advice (2012)
Communications, JNCC author
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2019·12·17
Metadata point of contact