UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework (2012–2019) 2012
Freshwater Marine Terrestrial JNCC Publications Overseas Territories UK Biodiversity UK UK Biodiversity Framework Biodiversity Driver Species diversity
The UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework covers the period from 2011 to 2020, and was developed in response to two main drivers: the Convention on Biological Diversity’s (CBD’s) Strategic Plan for Biodiversity 2011-2020 and its five strategic goals and 20 ‘Aichi Biodiversity Targets’, published in October 2010; and the EU Biodiversity Strategy (EUBS), released in May 2011.
The Implementation Plan for the Framework was published in November 2013. Two reports were produced on progress with the Plan, in December 2013, and October 2015. A revised Implementation Plan was published in July 2018.
Available here are the following documents:
- UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework (July 2012)
- UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework: Implementation Plan (November 2013)
- UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework: Implementation Plan – 1st Annual Report (December 2013)
- UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework: Implementation Plan – 2nd Annual Report (October 2015)
- UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework: Revised Implementation Plan (2018–2020)
Resource type Publication
Topic category Environment
Reference date 2012·07·01
The UK Post-2010 Biodiversity Framework was published on 17 July 2012. It was produced by JNCC and Defra, on behalf of the Four Countries' Biodiversity Group.
Communications, JNCC distributor
Limitations on public access No limitations
Use constraints Available under the Open Government Licence 3.0
Metadata date 2019·10·22
Metadata point of contact